Fund Daily Prices as of 05-27-2016
|Fund / Index Name
|Dow Jones Islamic Market US Index
Average Annual Total Returns
|As of 3/31/16
|Dow Jones Islamic Market USA Index
|Russell 3000 Growth Index
|S&P 500 Index
Total Annual Fund Operating Expenses, deducted from Fund Assets: 1.42%
Performance data quoted represents past performance and does not guarantee future results. The investment return and principal value of an investment will fluctuate so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original value. Current performance of the Fund may be lower or higher than the performance data quoted. Performance data current to the most recent month end may be obtained by clicking here .
In the News
The Iman Fund (symbol: IMANX) invests in Shariah -compliant companies, in response to the needs of Muslim investors, who not only want to have a financially rewarding investment, but a Shariah compatible one as well. Since June 2000, IMANX has provided Muslims with an investment option based on Islamic principles.
The Iman Fund is offered by Allied Asset Advisors.
The Fund seeks growth of capital while adhering to Islamic principles. The Iman Fund comprises investments that meet Islamic principles. Under the normal circumstances, the Fund invests its net assets in domestic and foreign securities chosen by its Investment Advisor that meet Islamic principles. Islamic principles generally preclude investments in certain industries (e.g. alcohol, pornography and gambling) and investments in interest bearing debt obligations or businesses that derive a substantial amount of interest income. Any uninvested cash will be held in non-interest bearing deposits or invested in manner following Islamic principles. Under normal circumstances, the Fund plans to fully invest its assets in securities that meet Islamic principles. The Investment Advisor is advised by a Board of Trustees of prominent Islamic scholars and community leaders from the United States.
The Iman Fund offers the following benefits:
- Shariah compliance- The Fund adheres to Islamic principles. Based on Islamic criteria, the following businesses are generally excluded: Alcohol, Tobacco, Pork-related products, Conventional financial services (banking, insurance, etc.), Weapons and defense, Entertainment (hotels, casinos/gambling, cinema, pornography, music, etc.) The Fund does not invest in interest-paying instruments frequently used by mutual funds as overnight or temporary investments, and instead may hold cash on a temporary basis.
- Diversification - The Fund offers diversification with a portfolio of over 100 Shariah-compliant companies in diverse business sectors.
- Low Expenses - The Fund is a no load fund with one of the lowest annual fees of Shariah-compliant funds available. (Source: Allied Asset Advisors)
- Accessibility and Flexibility -The Fund is available at Charles Schwab One Source, the largest mutual fund marketplace. In addition, it is available through Ameritrade, Scottrade, VanGuard 401K Plans and TD Waterhouse. The Fund offers flexible accounts and services including telephone purchase and redemption, and check writing.
- Active Portfolio Management - An actively managed portfolio enables the Fund to take advantage of future opportunities in the market while staying true to Islamic principles. Among the securities that meet Islamic principles, the Investment Advisor determines a security's attractiveness for purchase based on a number of factors, including its anticipated value and record of earnings growth, among other things.
Mutual Fund investing involves risk; principal loss is possible. The Fund invests in foreign securities which involve greater volatility and political, economic, and currency risks and differences in accounting methods. It is possible that the Islamic Shari'ah restrictions placed on investments and reflected in the main investment strategies may result in the Fund not performing as well as mutual funds not subject to such restrictions.
Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against a loss in a declining market.
The prospectus contains more complete information, including risks, fees and expenses related to an ongoing investment in the Fund. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest or send money.
While the fund is no-load, management fees and other expenses still apply. Please refer to the prospectus for further details.
The Fund has been referred to by Morningstar, Cnnfn, The Wall Street Journal and Crain's Chicago Business.
The Dow Jones Islamic US Index tracks Shariah compliant stocks from the United States. The Russell 3000 Growth Index measures the performance of those Russell 3000 Index companies with higher price-to-book ratios and higher forecasted growth values. The S&P 500 Index is a broad based unmanaged index of 500 stocks, which is widely recognized as representative of the equity market in general. You cannot invest directly in an index.
"Dow Jones" and "Dow Jones Islamic Market US Index" are service marks of Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
The Fund is offered only to United States residents with a valid social security number, and information on this site is intended only for such persons. Nothing on this web site should be considered a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell shares of the Fund in any jurisdiction where the offer or solicitation would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Investment performance reflects fee waivers in effect. In the absence of such waivers, total return would be reduced.